Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pushup goal 2.0

Last year, around mid-year, I made a challenge to see how many pushups I could do in a day.  It started out okay, and then by the end of the year I got really good with them.  The only problem was my goal didn't focus on consistency.  I would go weeks sometimes a whole month without working them and naturally when I tried again I wasn't as good.  That's what I like about this year's challenge - it will take what I challenged myself from last year but add the goal of consistency to it.  I know I can do the number of pushups, I just can't let myself ignore doing them regularly.

Also for those of you who are using pushups in your goal, check this guy out - http://www.amazon.com/Death-Taxes-Push-ups-Ted-Skup/dp/0615161723#

Ted Skup has books, articles, and of course PRN press releases about the awesome power of the pushup.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Top Ten
    Top Ten Reasons Push-ups Are the Most Dynamic Exercise Ever. They:

    1. work most major muscle groups.
    2. are free! No start up costs.
    3. can be done anywhere--total portability.
    4. have lowest risk of injury.
    5. solve time management issues
    6. are key to weight management
    7. maintain a healthy heart and body
    8. are not just an exercise, but a fitness lifestyle
    9. are a simple and basic exercise with dramatic results
    10. are addicting and fun <--not true

    ReplyDelete